Would you like an easy way to compare low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in San Francisco? Having to pay for overpriced Volvo S60 insurance in San Francisco can bleed your family’s budget and make it hard to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison is a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is your goal, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverages can make the process less intimidating. Popular companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO persitently shower you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to avoid their marketing magic and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in San Francisco a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. You’ll find a ton of advice on S60 insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to lower your insurance rates in San Francisco.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Francisco is not that difficult. You just have to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
What Impacts Volvo S60 Insurance Premiums?
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your Volvo in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your insurance policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated S60 may be wasting your money.
Vocation stress can affect premiums – Occupational choices like military personnel, business owners, and dentists tend to have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
How credit rating affects insurance costs – Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. People with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores. So if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Volvo S60 by repairing your credit.
Better drivers have lower rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Teenagers are high risk – Teenage drivers in California are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older people are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
Bundle and save – Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Being married can save you money – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Volvo S60 historical loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Francisco auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the insurance companies that may include these benefits are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Volvo S60 insurance premium rates online in San Francisco. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
How to buy discount Volvo S60 insurance in San Francisco
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in San Francisco. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and your credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper S60 coverage is available in San Francisco. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)