A recent survey discovered that most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in San Francisco could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they switched.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in San Francisco. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for instructions to keep prices down and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
This information will help you learn the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. If you already have coverage, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, California consumers should learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get prices on their websites. This process is quite easy as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get affordable rates.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though San Francisco Prius Prime insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Toyota Prius Prime has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in California overpays more than $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Toyota Prius Prime insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Prius Prime insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a safe driver course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a San Francisco car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, business and professional, teen driver, alternative fuel, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, new graduate, and newly married.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of providers who offer cheap Toyota Prius Prime insurance quotes in California, click this link.