It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $72 a month compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to find and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
The recommended way to find affordable Subaru WRX insurance in San Francisco is to compare prices once a year from different companies in California.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives information to help prevent costly coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in San Francisco. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Buying affordable coverage in San Francisco can be fairly easy. Consumers just need to use the proper methods to compare prices online from multiple companies.
Finding a better price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Lower-cost San Francisco auto insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- San Francisco Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in San Francisco can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on WRX insurance in San Francisco.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Francisco, follow this link.
When should I get advice from an agent?
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in San Francisco.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Any agent in San Francisco should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Optional features that cut prices – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Does your employer raise your prices? – Occupations like fire fighters, executives, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Insurance is expensive for youthful drivers – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Loss statistics for a Subaru WRX – Companies study historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Subaru Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru WRX 4WD||141||82||158||94||81||84|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your WRX
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Subaru WRX insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)