If shopping for San Francisco auto insurance quotes online is new to you, there’s a good chance you are baffled thanks to the incredible selection of insurance providers that all promise the best rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in San Francisco.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year will presumably buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved about $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on insurance in San Francisco is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. This information will help you learn how car insurance companies work and some tips to save money. But California consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The following companies are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some providers don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, five-year accident-free, good student, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, anti-theft, and online quote.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, anti-theft, air bag, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Double check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered on policies in San Francisco. To find insurance companies who offer free Volvo XC60 insurance quotes in San Francisco, follow this link.
Volvo XC60 detailed coverage information
The coverage information displayed next outlines a range of coverage prices for Volvo XC60 models. Learning a little about how rates are calculated can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$328||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,640||$137|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$370||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,682||$140|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$370||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,798||$150|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$412||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,840||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific San Francisco location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
Premiums by gender and age
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Vehicle risk impacts premiums – The type of vehicle you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The following chart assumes a single female driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Volvo XC60 car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
- Where do you drive? – The more you drive your Volvo in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your XC60 can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet states the correct usage.
- Demanding vocation may mean higher premiums – Careers like doctors, police officers, and accountants tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – Credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo XC60 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Companies want multiple policies – Many companies will award lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Volvo XC60 statistical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC60 Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t I need to contact an insurance agent?
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in San Francisco who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Which family members are covered?
When looking for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in San Francisco are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Rebekah Shapiro – State Farm Insurance Agent
1736 Stockton St #9 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 525-3344 – View Map
- Jake Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
1643 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-0333 – View Map
- Yan Lukito – State Farm Insurance Agent
5214 Diamond Heights Blvd i – San Francisco, CA 94131 – (415) 282-5558 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in San Francisco that can give you price quote information.
- Basic West Insurance Agency
1641 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-7400 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses to these questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
As you quote San Francisco auto insurance, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to find cheaper Volvo XC60 insurance in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable San Francisco auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
How to save money on Volvo XC60 insurance in San Francisco
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Volvo XC60 insurance in San Francisco is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More information can be read below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)