It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare rates annually are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for Saab 9-7X insurance is your objective, then knowing how to find and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find cheaper Saab 9-7X insurance in San Francisco is to compare prices once a year from providers in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on 9-7X insurance. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Good drivers have lower costs – Just one citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have multiple violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Prices also based on gender – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Save by driving less – The more miles you rack up on your Saab every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your 9-7X is throwing money out the window.
- Better prices on safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Saab 9-7X is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Saab. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, flood damage, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Some companies apply a discount to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Marriage brings a discount – Your spouse helps lower the price when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- How old are your drivers? – More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Many insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in San Francisco is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. Behind the scenes, their system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
The ability to get online quotes for Saab 9-7X insurance in San Francisco makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the cheapest price on insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your 9-7X with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Saab at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Saab and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save a ton on Saab 9-7X insurance in San Francisco with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every possible discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Saab 9-7X insurance rates in San Francisco.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, driver’s education, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, and professional/association.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- Allstate has savings for premier discount, economy car, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, FullPay discount, and eSmart discount.
If you are trying to find low cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in San Francisco. To choose providers with the best discounts in California, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
San Francisco auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to find a good San Francisco insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in San Francisco willing to provide price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Elbert Taylor
386 29th St – San Francisco, CA 94131 – (415) 285-4800 – View Map
- Jing Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 Geary Blvd #300 – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 752-8888 – View Map
- Rich Machado – State Farm Insurance Agent
5108 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 292-3380 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in San Francisco willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your Saab 9-7X insurance rates in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper San Francisco auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)