Comparing and finding cheaper premium rates for Fiat 500 insurance in San Francisco could be challenging for people who are beginners to online price comparisons. There are so many options available that it can quickly become hard work to find the best premium rates.
Steps to quoting cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in San Francisco
The best way we recommend to find low-cost auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare quotes once a year from companies in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more information to get affordable coverage and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, almost 70% of insureds kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. San Francisco drivers can save about $500 each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
It’s important to compare premium rates occasionally because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Fiat 500 insurance in San Francisco a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Compare San Francisco Fiat 500 insurance price quotes
Most major insurance companies provide prices for coverage from their websites. Comparing Fiat 500 insurance rates online is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When complete, the system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information.
Getting online price quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in San Francisco simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes by applying discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used 500 can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in San Francisco.
Buying the right 500 insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Francisco, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Fiat 500, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Fiat at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Will my Fiat 500 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- If my Fiat 500 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
You may need advice from an agent
A small number of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Francisco that can give you free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How often do they review coverages?
When researching a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in San Francisco can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
- Angela Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
377 W Portal Ave – San Francisco, CA 94127 – (415) 731-7400 – View Map
- Kate McIntyre – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 9th Ave b – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 661-3650 – View Map
- Jerry Verdi – State Farm Insurance Agent
408 Columbus Ave #2 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 788-7881 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are San Francisco independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Express Service Insurance
2085 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 440-5136 – View Map
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map