Astonishing but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in San Francisco could save roughly 35% each year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
Really, the only way to save on car insurance rates in San Francisco is to do an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Lowering your Nissan 350Z car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 350Z has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your 350Z are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in California is overpaying over $800 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to save money.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your commute time.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurance companies afford discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Low-cost Nissan 350Z insurance in San Francisco can be purchased online in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find affordable Nissan 350Z insurance in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote San Francisco auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)