Do you get overwhelmed by the wide range of car insurance providers in your area? Many other drivers are too. Consumers have so many providers to choose from that it can really be a difficult challenge to find a cheaper company. San Francisco is the perfect city to reside in, but pricey car insurance can make it very difficult to buy proper levels of coverage.
How to find the cheapest rates for Honda Insight insurance in San Francisco
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Honda Insight insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in San Francisco. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in the U.S. could save up to 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Honda Insight
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in San Francisco, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your Honda and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Honda Insight insurance rate analysis
The information below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Honda Insight models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Honda Insight insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower-cost San Francisco car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every discount available very clearly, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because it shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Honda Insight insurance in San Francisco.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below compares Honda Insight insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, electronic funds transfer, good student, pay in full, and youthful driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, newly retired, safety features, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and good student.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before buying, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. To find insurers who offer car insurance discounts in California, click this link.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.