Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Honda HR-V insurance in San Francisco? Nobody that owns a car likes buying auto insurance, in particular when it costs too dang much.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many consumers in California could save an average of as much as $470 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
How to find more affordable Honda HR-V insurance in San Francisco
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Honda HR-V insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in San Francisco.
- It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more ideas to get affordable coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at every company you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Due to the increasing number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
It is always a good idea to compare rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best price on Honda HR-V insurance in San Francisco two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Honda HR-V insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in San Francisco, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Honda HR-V has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Honda HR-V Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower premium levels. Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more miles you rack up on your Honda each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your HR-V may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
More performance means more cost – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Get hitched and pay less – Being married may save some money on insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Tickets will cost you – Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with severe tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Consolidating policies can get discounts – Many insurers provide a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare Honda HR-V rates in San Francisco to ensure the best deal.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Honda is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Cheaper insurance rates using GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Honda HR-V?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance savings summarized
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Honda HR-V insurance car insurance rates in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honda HR-V insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When getting San Francisco car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in San Francisco
If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Honda HR-V insurance in San Francisco is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)