It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who get price comparisons will presumably buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable Dodge Stratus insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance can help make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Dodge Stratus insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in San Francisco. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with every company you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Francisco is not that difficult. Smart shoppers just have to use the proper methods to get comparison rates from many different companies.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in San Francisco utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information like if the vehicle is leased, how you use your vehicles, if you require a SR-22, and distance driven. Your information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in San Francisco.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Get cheap Dodge Stratus insurance in San Francisco with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some auto insurance companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Stratus insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rates.
- Liability insurance – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- What are your coverage deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Dodge scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy on your Stratus policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.