A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. U.S. insurance shoppers could cut their rates by approximately $859 a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for BMW M2 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in San Francisco. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, it will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives instructions to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on M2 insurance in San Francisco. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Francisco is not that difficult. But California car owners need to have an understanding of the way companies charge you for coverage because it varies considerably.
Best BMW M2 insurance rates in California
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
More stress means more cost – Occupations such as military generals, police officers, and accountants generally have higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Only buy what you need – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Big cities mean more claims – Living in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Better prices on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Your car’s features help determine premiums – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
BMW M2 claim data – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for BMW M2 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M235 i 2dr||155||277|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper BMW M2 insurance rates in San Francisco
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Francisco auto insurance quote when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a San Francisco auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, renters, emergency road assistance, safety device, homeowner, and claim free.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly married, new move discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and newly retired.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, paid in full, mature driver, safe driver, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. To choose car insurance companies with discount rates in San Francisco, click this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in San Francisco who will give you quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Francisco?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in San Francisco
If you want a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are San Francisco exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent agencies in San Francisco who can help you get rate quotes.
Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and cheap M2 insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to terminate your policy at any time so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a specific company for the full term.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- If my BMW M2 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What happens if I owe more than my BMW M2 is worth?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your BMW M2 insurance premium rates in San Francisco. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest BMW M2 rate quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost BMW M2 insurance in San Francisco can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, so you need to quote San Francisco auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)