Are you searching for the cheapest Audi S8 insurance in San Francisco? Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other drivers in California.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare price quotes are very likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding lower prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $3,450 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on Audi S8 insurance is your intention, then knowing the best way to compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient. Many insurers vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest price on Audi S8 insurance in San Francisco.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in San Francisco can be much easier if you know how to start. Consumers just have to use the most effective way to get comparison rates on the web.
Most companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices for coverage online. Comparing prices online for Audi S8 insurance in San Francisco is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system sends out for credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest payment.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you’re receiving rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi S8 in San Francisco, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi S8 has a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Audi for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Audi S8 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your S8 greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Components of Your Audi S8 Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Companies in California generally give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Vocation impacts rates – Occupations such as lawyers, social workers, and dentists tend to have higher premium rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Save money by having excellent credit – An insured’s credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit is not that good, you may save money insuring your Audi S8 by improving your rating.
Loss statistics for an Audi S8 – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help determine prices. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the loss history for Audi S8 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
Audi S8 Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S8 4dr 4WD 288 266BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for membership and employees, air bags, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, federal employee, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, driver training, home ownership, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, teen driver, multi-car, business and professional, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance may have discounts that include Pac-12 alumni, renters, claim free, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, and driver’s education.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including age of vehicle, multi-policy, location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, annual mileage, and ease of repair.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Francisco, click here to view.
Should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Francisco.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are San Francisco independent insurance agencies that may be able to give pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Francisco?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Francisco?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Car insurance savings summarized
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Audi S8 insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood San Francisco agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just presented a lot of ways to shop for Audi S8 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find the cheapest rates for Audi S8 insurance in San Francisco
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in San Francisco.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about car insurance in California is available at the links below
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)