The best way we recommend to get low-cost Porsche Panamera insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in San Francisco. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for additional ideas to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop rates annually are very likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved $850 each year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in San Francisco is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in San Francisco is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, California consumers should learn the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
Low Cost car insurance in San Francisco, CA
The following companies offer price comparisons in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Porsche Panamera insurance rates and statistics
The data table below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Porsche Panamera models. Being more informed about how car insurance prices are formulated can help you make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$580||$1272||$500||$30||$150||$2,532||$211|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$580||$1392||$500||$30||$150||$2,652||$221|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$664||$1632||$500||$30||$150||$2,976||$248|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can revise premiums considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Porsche Panamera yearly insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
What Determines Porsche Panamera Insurance Rates?
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these variables: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Porsche Panamera insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Panamera can cost quite a bit. Make sure your policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers allow lower prices to clients who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Do you need those add-on coverages? – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Older drivers are lower risk – Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible when driving with friends so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below compares Porsche Panamera auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license.
Porsche Panamera insurance loss statistics – Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the collected loss data for Porsche Panamera vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Porsche Panamera Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche Panamera 4dr 236 94 265 57 Porsche Panamera GTS 4dr 4WD 246 48 467 Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr 4WD 242BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Earn discounts on San Francisco insurance
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy San Francisco auto insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in San Francisco may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will definitely lower your policy premium.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Porsche Panamera insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, federal employee, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, good student, home ownership, save driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
Double check with every company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been in business in San Francisco?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes for Porsche Panamera insurance in San Francisco.
- Joshin Bruguera – State Farm Insurance Agent
399 Cortland Ave – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 821-3600 – View Map
- Rebekah Shapiro – State Farm Insurance Agent
1736 Stockton St #9 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 525-3344 – View Map
- Wang Insurance
2620 Judah St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 731-7062 – View Map
- Linda Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1536 20th St – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 648-1155 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When searching for cheaper San Francisco auto insurance quotes, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies. Low-cost Porsche Panamera insurance in San Francisco can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
We’ve covered many ways to reduce Porsche Panamera insurance rates online in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Porsche Panamera rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
To read more, link through to the articles below: