Want to learn how to find more affordable auto insurance rates in San Francisco, CA? San Francisco shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Porsche Cayman insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for your Porsche and locate the best price possible from San Francisco insurance agents and online providers.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Porsche Cayman insurance in San Francisco six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Low Cost Porsche insurance rate quotes in San Francisco
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
The rate information shown next covers different policy rates for Porsche Cayman models. Being able to understand how prices are established is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayman 2-Dr Coupe||$406||$866||$464||$28||$138||$1,902||$159|
|Cayman S 2-Dr Coupe||$406||$966||$464||$28||$138||$2,002||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific San Francisco garaging location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Porsche Cayman annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents increase Porsche Cayman auto insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Porsche Cayman insurance costs by gender and age
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayman car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower rate quotes by earning discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Onboard Data Collection – San Francisco drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to look at driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Cayman auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, student away at school, paid in full, teen driver, group or association, mature driver, and company car.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in San Francisco. To choose insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in San Francisco that can give you price quote information.
- Kajal Pashmi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3138 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 742-4459 – View Map
- Angela Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
377 W Portal Ave – San Francisco, CA 94127 – (415) 731-7400 – View Map
- Wilson Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
25 Division St #200 – San Francisco, CA 94103 – (415) 593-8802 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
- Al Zeidler Insurance Agency
1714 Stockton St #417 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 753-1936 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Anita Daisy Lo Agency
6037 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 592-8388 – View Map
After you get positive responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that is a good match to service your policy.
A few companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Porsche Cayman insurance can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Porsche Cayman insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find better rates for Porsche Cayman insurance in San Francisco
The most effective way to save money on car insurance rates in San Francisco is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in California.
- Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, put the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)