Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Pontiac Aztek in California can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Pontiac and locate the best price possible from both online companies and San Francisco agents.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates periodically due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Pontiac Aztek insurance in San Francisco last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. There are a lot of ways to save on Aztek insurance online, but we’re going to give you some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Obtaining price quotes for affordable car insurance in San Francisco is actually quite simple. Shoppers only need to know the best way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Finding a lower price on Pontiac Aztek insurance is not a difficult process. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insuring your Pontiac Aztek just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Pontiac Aztek in San Francisco, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Aztek outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Discount San Francisco insurance quotes
Some insurance providers do not advertise every available discount very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for business and professional, youthful driver, homeowner, mature driver, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-theft, DriveSense, claim free, paid-in-full, good student, and safety device.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- GEICO has savings for anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-policy, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and federal employee.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier discount, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, economy car, and EZ pay plan discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Francisco, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in San Francisco who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing a insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Agencies in San Francisco are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are San Francisco exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Cliff Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1636 Irving St a – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 665-5118 – View Map
- Joe Freund – State Farm Insurance Agent
1734 Divisadero St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 359-9311 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you rate quotes.
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
- Basic West Insurance Agency
1641 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-7400 – View Map
If you receive positive responses to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. Just understand that it’s your policy and you can cancel your policy any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full policy term.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Lower-priced auto insurance in San Francisco is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your Pontiac Aztek insurance rates in San Francisco. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Francisco car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Pontiac Aztek insurance in San Francisco
The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in San Francisco. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Aztek coverage is available in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Helpful learning opportunities
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)