Unfortunately, over 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. California drivers could pocket as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheaper insurance rates.
The best way we recommend to get low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Francisco is to compare quotes annually from companies in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Save money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Francisco with these car insurance discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get San Francisco car insurance quotes online.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in San Francisco may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a San Francisco car insurance quote.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercedes-Benz can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may have discounts that include continuous insurance, new car, student away at school, good student, multi-car, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for preferred payment discount, new move discount, good student, exclusive group savings, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Francisco, click here.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including how you use your vehicles, if you lease or own, distance driven, and an estimate of your credit level. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare lower-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
How Your SLS AMG Insurance Costs are Determined
Many factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
- Get cheaper costs if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Cautious drivers have lower premiums – Your driving record influences premium rates substantially. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in San Francisco.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in San Francisco who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local San Francisco insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in San Francisco can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Francisco that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are San Francisco exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Anita M Merrihew – State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 – San Francisco, CA 94124 – (415) 285-2021 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years have they been established?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in San Francisco, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercedes-Benz has a loan, almost every bank will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercedes-Benz at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Shop around and save
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheap Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)