Want to save money and find lower-priced auto insurance rates in San Francisco, CA? San Francisco shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on Lincoln MKZ insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Lincoln and locate the lowest price.
Our goal in writing this article tell you the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Lowering your car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just need to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing Lincoln MKZ insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in San Francisco, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Insurance coverage analysis
The premium information displayed next covers estimates of coverage prices for Lincoln MKZ models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are determined can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$604||$674||$40||$202||$1,784||$149|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$604||$674||$40||$202||$1,784||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can modify rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Lincoln MKZ annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Lincoln MKZ annual premiums for males versus females
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Lincoln MKZ liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKZ claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
These discounts can lower Lincoln MKZ insurance rates
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in your area. To choose providers that offer discounts in San Francisco, follow this link.