If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies who can sell car insurance in San Francisco. You can compare prices by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. San Francisco consumers can save 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
If you are insured now or want to find a cheaper company, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums without having to cut coverage. Finding and comparing more affordable auto insurance coverage in San Francisco is actually quite simple. Smart buyers just need to understand the most effective way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
Cheap companies for Lexus LC 500 insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper Lexus LC 500 insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total LC 500 insurance premium.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, safe vehicle, good driver, accident-free, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, military active duty, multi-vehicle, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may offer discounts for new car, multi-policy, utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, early signing, passive restraint, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered in San Francisco. To view insurers who offer online Lexus LC 500 insurance quotes in San Francisco, click here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- What if I total my Lexus LC 500 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but buy from a local San Francisco insurance agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in San Francisco.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to insurance agents in San Francisco who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Different types of San Francisco auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a local San Francisco insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below are independent agents in San Francisco that can give you pricing information.
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Sam and Associates Insurance Agency
2225 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-0181 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are San Francisco exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Lynn Petrie Lange – State Farm Insurance Agent
3717 Buchanan St #100 – San Francisco, CA 94123 – (415) 923-0192 – View Map
- Anita M Merrihew – State Farm Insurance Agent
3801 3rd St #585 – San Francisco, CA 94124 – (415) 285-2021 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in San Francisco, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been open in San Francisco?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus LC 500.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your LC 500 to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like attorney fees, funeral expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as pain medications, funeral costs, hospital visits and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, theft, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Cheap Lexus LC 500 insurance in San Francisco is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)