The most effective way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in San Francisco is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Soul EV coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop for lower rates will probably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Kia Soul EV insurance is the reason you’re here, knowing how to shop for insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Best companies for cheap Kia Soul EV insurance in California
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Four Tips to Get Cheap San Francisco Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
- Gender and auto insurance costs – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders get in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Costs can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated California areas have more auto accidents and more severe claims. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Premiums are lower the older you get – Teen drivers in California are statistically shown to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Insurance policy discounts for Kia Soul EV insurance in San Francisco
Some insurers don’t list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Online Discount – Many companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on their website.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current Soul EV insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall premium however.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, good driver, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Travelers offers discounts including payment discounts, driver training, multi-car, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
If you are trying to find low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not apply in San Francisco. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
Local San Francisco insurance agents and insurance
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in San Francisco that can give you free San Francisco car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for a local San Francisco insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco that can give you rate quotes.
- Adrienne Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Market St #2252 – San Francisco, CA 94105 – (415) 292-8088 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Myrna De Vera
2121 19th Ave Ste 102 – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 566-9400 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in San Francisco that are able to give price quote information.
- United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map
- Al Zeidler Insurance Agency
1714 Stockton St #417 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 753-1936 – View Map
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Kia Soul EV insurance rates in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Cheaper Kia Soul EV insurance in San Francisco can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)