Really, the only way to get discount Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in San Francisco.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Optima Plug-In Hybrid coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Make sure you place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Shocking but true, almost 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in California can cut their rates by $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in San Francisco is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Smart shoppers just have to know the quickest way to shop for insurance on the web.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in San Francisco is to know the trick auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide information including driver ages, your education level, how you use your vehicles, and types of safety features. Your insurance information is then submitted to many different companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in San Francisco.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Club Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers discounts include student away at school, new car, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, early shopping, business and professional, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, online quote, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, good driver, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, student away at school, multiple policy, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for ease of repair, annual mileage, professional/association, good student, multi-policy, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
When getting free San Francisco auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply everywhere. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in San Francisco, click this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid in San Francisco, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid, most lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in San Francisco who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. San Francisco agents may be either independent or exclusive. Either can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco that are able to give price quotes.
Tiffany Won – State Farm Insurance Agent
1250 Missouri St Unit 305 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 872-5734 – View Map
Toan Tieu – State Farm Insurance Agent
690 Monterey Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94127 – (415) 610-8000 – View Map
Joshin Bruguera – State Farm Insurance Agent
399 Cortland Ave – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 821-3600 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that are able to give price quote information.
Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map