Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Consumers in San Francisco could save an average of almost $469 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
The easiest way to find more affordable Kia Borrego insurance in San Francisco is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in San Francisco. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Locating the best insurance company for you in San Francisco is actually quite simple. Smart shoppers just have to use the fastest way to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a San Francisco auto insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in San Francisco. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for Kia Borrego insurance in San Francisco is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details including if you have an active license, if a SR-22 is needed, whether you are married, and your job. Your details is instantly provided to multiple auto insurance providers and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in San Francisco, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
Where you reside can impact prices – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means more chance of being in an accident.
Premiums are affected by your credit history – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you may save money insuring your Kia Borrego by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Are you male or female? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females are in fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Things like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper car insurance rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
What are your physical damage deductibles? – The deductibles are how much you are required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Amount of liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in San Francisco who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in San Francisco should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
Jerry Verdi – State Farm Insurance Agent
408 Columbus Ave #2 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 788-7881 – View Map
Walter Li – State Farm Insurance Agent
1329 Chestnut St – San Francisco, CA 94123 – (415) 346-1000 – View Map
Kajal Pashmi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3138 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 742-4459 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent agents in San Francisco that are able to give price quote information.
John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
Express Service Insurance
2085 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 440-5136 – View Map
Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
Insurance is not optional in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Borrego insurance, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Kia Borrego but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Francisco is wasting up to $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on Kia Borrego insurance in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)