The best way we recommend to get budget Jeep Patriot insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies in San Francisco.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average insurance premium being $1,387, California drivers can save up to $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Jeep Patriot insurance in San Francisco is to know almost all companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if a SR-22 is needed, whether you are single or married, the ages of drivers, and if your license is active. That rating information is then submitted to multiple car insurance providers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To compare rates for your Jeep Patriot now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some providers don’t always list all discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get San Francisco car insurance quotes online.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles can earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Jeep Patriot yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, switch companies, distant student, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
- Esurance may offer discounts for renters, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, claim free, multi-car, and good driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, anti-theft, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, good student, anti-theft, military active duty, driver training, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate may include discounts for auto/life discount, eSmart discount, resident student, safe driver, early signing, and passive restraint.
Double check with each company to apply every possible discount. Savings might not be offered in San Francisco. To choose providers with significant discounts in San Francisco, click this link.
Jeep Patriot coverage statistics
The coverage table shown next showcases estimates of policy rates for Jeep Patriot models. Understanding more about how rates are established can help customers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$288||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$288||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,362||$114|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$332||$564||$450||$26||$134||$1,506||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premiums considerably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Jeep Patriot annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Annual miles is a factor – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Patriot may be costing you. Verify your auto insurance policy shows annual mileage.
- Too many auto insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies in California give the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Cheaper rates using alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
- High stress vocation may mean higher rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like doctors, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally pay the highest rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Jeep Patriot insurance loss data – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Jeep Patriot vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Jeep Patriot Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in San Francisco.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free San Francisco car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
San Francisco car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to find local San Francisco agents, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they work. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below are independent insurance agents in San Francisco that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are San Francisco exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Selecting a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many companies do they write for?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Jeep Patriot?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to shop for Jeep Patriot insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company.
When getting San Francisco car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)