Overpriced Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Francisco can deplete your budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Doing a rate comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your bills every month.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for Jeep Cherokee insurance is your objective, then learning about how to shop for cheaper coverage can help make the process easier. Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best rate on Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Francisco six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about Cherokee insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Finding more affordable Jeep Cherokee auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online takes the place of having to waste gas driving to different San Francisco agent offices. The ability to quote Jeep Cherokee insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to price shop your coverage online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in San Francisco, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Cherokee in San Francisco, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Jeep Cherokee with a loan, most banks will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in San Francisco is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheap San Francisco auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Cherokee insurance premium.
- San Francisco Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in San Francisco can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Travelers has savings for hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, student away at school, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for 55 and older, early bird, homeowners, student driver, good student, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, driver’s education, accident-free, good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, good student, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Check with all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in San Francisco. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
You may need help from an insurance agent
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is especially important in San Francisco.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to participating agents in San Francisco who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want to use a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that can possibly get you price quotes.
Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quote information.
State Farm: Debra O’Farrell
870 Market St #440 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 982-9900 – View Map
Dave and Jake Stewart State Farm Insurance
821 Folsom St #101 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 982-9033 – View Map
Wilson Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
25 Division St #200 – San Francisco, CA 94103 – (415) 593-8802 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Francisco?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do policy reviews?
You can find cheap coverage
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Francisco can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in San Francisco
The best way to get discount Jeep Cherokee insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who provide car insurance in San Francisco. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)