The easiest way to get discount car insurance rates in San Francisco is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that insure vehicles in California.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who compare other prices are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $850 each year compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to shop for insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Finding the cheapest coverage in San Francisco is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. But California car owners must learn the way insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
Most of the larger companies like Allstate and Progressive provide coverage price quotes direct online. The process is quite simple because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When complete, the system requests your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Jaguar X-Type insurance in San Francisco streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
In order to get comparison pricing now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Jaguar X-Type insurance in San Francisco.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote San Francisco car insurance but check with your company.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive reduced rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on X-Type insurance in San Francisco.
- Distant Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Francisco and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their San Francisco car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
To find companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click this link.
Local San Francisco insurance agencies and insurance
A lot of people still like to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information gets sent to companies in San Francisco who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long has their agency been open in San Francisco?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Francisco?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Linda Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1536 20th St – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 648-1155 – View Map
- Sandy Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
188 S Park St #4 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 227-9833 – View Map
- Wilson Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
25 Division St #200 – San Francisco, CA 94103 – (415) 593-8802 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco willing to provide rate quotes.
- Sam and Associates Insurance Agency
2225 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-0181 – View Map
- Riskguard Insurance Solutions
422 Presidio Ave – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 447-4212 – View Map
- Al Zeidler Insurance Agency
1714 Stockton St #417 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 753-1936 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Jaguar X-Type Insurance Prices Can Be Lower
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Jaguar each year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your X-Type can cost quite a bit.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Cheaper rates for being claim-free – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Cheaper premiums using alarm systems – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Getting married equates to better rates – Having a spouse may save some money on auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Jaguar as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in San Francisco overpays more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
When you buy San Francisco car insurance online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to lower your Jaguar X-Type insurance prices in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in these articles:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)