It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper Volvo V60 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in San Francisco.
- First, take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for more ideas to help keep prices low and find hidden discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Volvo V60 insurance in San Francisco is your ultimate target, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so you should also compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in San Francisco, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your V60 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Slash rates with these price cutting discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a San Francisco car insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when getting a San Francisco car insurance quote.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To find insurance companies who offer cheap Volvo V60 insurance quotes in San Francisco in California, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local San Francisco auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to companies in San Francisco who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Francisco?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents in San Francisco are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Dave and Jake Stewart State Farm Insurance
821 Folsom St #101 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 982-9033 – View Map
- Cliff Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1636 Irving St a – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 665-5118 – View Map
- Walter Li – State Farm Insurance Agent
1329 Chestnut St – San Francisco, CA 94123 – (415) 346-1000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
- Blum-Blackfield Insurance Agency
2 Twin Peaks Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 665-1440 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Anita Daisy Lo Agency
6037 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 592-8388 – View Map
Once you have positive responses to your questions as well as affordable Volvo V60 insurance rates in San Francisco quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that can properly service your insurance policy.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Cheaper insurance in San Francisco can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.
You just read some good ideas how to save on Volvo V60 insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Volvo V60 insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)