Statistics show that the vast majority of car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. California drivers can cut their rates by as much as $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Companies offer many discounts on Nissan Xterra insurance in San Francisco
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Discounts – This discount may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The diagram below compares Nissan Xterra insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in San Francisco.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Nissan Xterra insurance in San Francisco is to know most insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information like whether you have decent credit, the type of vehicles you drive, how many miles driven, and if you have an active license. Your details is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Nissan Xterra detailed coverage information
The rate table below highlights estimates of insurance prices for Nissan Xterra models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are figured is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$158||$228||$464||$28||$138||$1,016||$85|
|Xterra S 2WD||$158||$228||$464||$28||$138||$1,016||$85|
|Xterra S 4WD||$158||$228||$464||$28||$138||$1,016||$85|
|Xterra X 4WD||$158||$228||$464||$28||$138||$1,016||$85|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$182||$292||$464||$28||$138||$1,104||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates considerably.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Nissan Xterra insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Xterra?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does my Nissan Xterra need full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local San Francisco insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in San Francisco may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in San Francisco that are able to give comparison quotes.
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a short list of independent agents in San Francisco willing to provide comparison quotes.
Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
If you get good responses and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Nissan Xterra insurance car insurance rates online in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Nissan Xterra rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Helpful learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)