It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save on auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in California.
Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in San Francisco. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved over $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. The goal of this article is to help educate you on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Shoppers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare rate quotes instantly.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Ford Flex insurance in San Francisco is to know the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if you require a SR-22, whether you are married, and how much education you have. The data is instantly provided to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Ford Flex insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Flex insurance rate analysis
The table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Ford Flex models. Having a good grasp of how rates are formulated can assist in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Flex SE 2WD||$420||$790||$534||$32||$160||$1,936||$161|
|Flex SEL 2WD||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Flex SEL AWD||$468||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,124||$177|
|Flex Limited 2WD||$468||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,124||$177|
|Flex Limited AWD||$468||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,124||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in San Francisco location which can change price quotes greatly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Flex insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders increase Ford Flex insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below compares Ford Flex insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper rates by applying discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every possible discount very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Claim-Free Discount – San Francisco drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a San Francisco car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Flex insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Francisco, click here to view.
Choosing Ford Flex insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Flex in San Francisco, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Flex, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in San Francisco.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want a local San Francisco insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in San Francisco who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- April Insurance Agency
1788 19th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 242-8100 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agencies in San Francisco who can help you get price quotes.
- Jake Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
1643 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-0333 – View Map
- Kate McIntyre – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 9th Ave b – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 661-3650 – View Map
- Linda Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1536 20th St – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 648-1155 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Francisco?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Francisco?