If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in San Francisco.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Impreza insurance. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in San Francisco could save almost 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Most companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage online. This process is possible for anyone as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Subaru Impreza insurance in San Francisco makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the most affordable premium on insurance.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break shop San Francisco car insurance on the internet.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Impreza insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring more than one vehicle on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below shows the difference between Subaru Impreza auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, membership and employees, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including mature driver, paperless, anti-theft, good student, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, early bird, Steer into Savings, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance may have discounts that include DriveSense, renters, paid-in-full, safety device, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
If you are trying to find low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in San Francisco, click here.
Rates and data analysis
The rate information shown below outlines different insurance policy prices for Subaru Impreza models. Learning a little about how car insurance premiums are established can help customers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$182||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$228||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,326||$111|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$228||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,390||$116|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$228||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,390||$116|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$228||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,390||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase prices considerably.
Rate comparison of males versus females in San Francisco
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Impreza annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Subaru Impreza auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Subaru Impreza replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agency?
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in San Francisco who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in San Francisco will have answers to these questions.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in San Francisco?
The Subaru Impreza Insurance Premium Equation
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you lower rates. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Expect high rates for teens – Young drivers in California are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The chart below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Going without insurance is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
Extra coverages that aren’t used – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Costs can change based on your address – Having an address in areas with lower population has definite advantages when buying insurance. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means reduced accidents.
Insurance losses for a Subaru Impreza – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Subaru Impreza vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Subaru Impreza 4WD||96||80||110||79||78||81|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in San Francisco, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru Impreza with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Subaru at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Subaru and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Subaru gets damaged, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Lower-priced Subaru Impreza insurance in San Francisco is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you quote San Francisco car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)