Do you want the cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco? Are you irritated from being strong-armed to buy insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other California drivers.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Ford Freestyle insurance is your intention, then learning a little about how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to buying lower priced Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
There is such a variety of insurers to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to adequately compare rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best price on Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to find great coverage at a great price.
Get cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Freestyle insurance premium.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, early bird, mySafetyValet, accident-free, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide includes discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, defensive driving, family plan, and business or organization.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, teen driver, student driver, air bags, early bird, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, distant student, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and switch companies.
- Allstate may have discounts that include passive restraint, farm vehicle, premier plus, EZ pay plan discount, early signing, and safe driver.
If you want cheaper San Francisco auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in San Francisco, click this link.
How to compare Ford Freestyle insurance rate quotes in San Francisco, California
When comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
When to get advice from an agent
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in San Francisco.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you free San Francisco auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in San Francisco are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to contact independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in San Francisco that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are San Francisco exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Choosing a auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in San Francisco should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Francisco?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce Ford Freestyle insurance prices online in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you quote San Francisco auto insurance, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
How to save money on Ford Freestyle insurance in San Francisco
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Ford Freestyle insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in San Francisco.
- Get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)