Want to know how to find lower-priced Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Francisco? Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance sources that you can choose from? There are so many sources to choose from that it can be more work than you anticipated to lower your rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Francisco. If you’ve ever been there, you know that San Francisco is an excellent city in which to live, but budgeting for expensive auto insurance makes it difficult to be able to afford adequate coverage.
It’s hard to fathom, but most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in California could cut their rates by up to $469 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Get cheap Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Francisco with discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Francisco car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in San Francisco can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance rates in San Francisco.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Accident-Free Discounts – San Francisco drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need affordable San Francisco car insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in your area.
When price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes will improve the odds of getting more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
When do I need to get advice from an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from local San Francisco agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. San Francisco agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below are San Francisco exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
- Wilson Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
25 Division St #200 – San Francisco, CA 94103 – (415) 593-8802 – View Map
- Kajal Pashmi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3138 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 742-4459 – View Map
- Ron Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 Montgomery St #480 – San Francisco, CA 94104 – (415) 397-2994 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are San Francisco independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Carrie Insurance
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
- Express Service Insurance
2085 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 440-5136 – View Map
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be less work than you think.
When you buy San Francisco car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Francisco can be bought both online and from local agencies, so get free San Francisco car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to find affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance in San Francisco
The preferred way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in San Francisco.
- Spend some time learning about auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)