Do you want to save money by buying lower-priced insurance rates in San Francisco, CA? San Francisco drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Kia Amanti insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages on a Kia and find the lowest price from both online companies and San Francisco agents.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your premiums.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, driver training, good student, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, air bags, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
Double check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To locate insurance companies who offer online Kia Amanti insurance quotes in California, click here.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurers Calculate Kia Amanti Insurance Costs
Lots of things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Kia. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Males and females tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in a rural area has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident. People who live in big cities tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Higher premiums for specific occupations – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupational choices like doctors, executives, and accountants generally have higher premium rates attributed to intense work situations and long work days. Other professions such as actors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Kia Amanti is totaled?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in San Francisco.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in San Francisco who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in San Francisco for you
If you want to buy auto insurance from local San Francisco agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in San Francisco can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Shown below are San Francisco independent agents that can give you free rate quotes.
- Carrie Insurance
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Darlene Chow – State Farm Insurance Agent
206 Spear St – San Francisco, CA 94105 – (415) 441-1119 – View Map
- Tiffany Won – State Farm Insurance Agent
1250 Missouri St Unit 305 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 872-5734 – View Map
- Walter Li – State Farm Insurance Agent
1329 Chestnut St – San Francisco, CA 94123 – (415) 346-1000 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in San Francisco should have no problem answering these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How are claims handled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though San Francisco Amanti insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Quote more and you will save more
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Amanti insurance rates in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to finding low-cost Kia Amanti insurance in San Francisco
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Kia Amanti insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in San Francisco.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as speeding and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Amanti insurance. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)