Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds in California have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by approximately $859 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on Hyundai Azera insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in San Francisco. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover instructions to prevent high prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Quoting and buying the most affordable protection in San Francisco is quite easy. If you have a current car insurance policy or just want a better rate, you can learn to buy cheaper car insurance without having to cut coverage. Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
Cutting your San Francisco car insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to different San Francisco agent offices. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance of a local agency. However, consumers can price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Hyundai may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- No Claims – San Francisco drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Azera car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, switch companies, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, good student, and mature driver.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, good student, air bags, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, paid-in-full, claim free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and safety device.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, student away at school, good student, accident-free, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in San Francisco. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Hyundai Azera insurance quotes in California, click here.
Analysis of Hyundai Azera rates
The table shown below covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Hyundai Azera models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are determined is important for you to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$372||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,028||$169|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$420||$930||$534||$32||$160||$2,076||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise premiums noticeably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below compares Hyundai Azera insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Azera book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in San Francisco.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in San Francisco who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local San Francisco insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in San Francisco can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that can give you pricing information.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
Basic West Insurance Agency
1641 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-7400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are San Francisco exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
State Farm: Michael Woo
2166 Market St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 565-6777 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Myrna De Vera
2121 19th Ave Ste 102 – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 566-9400 – View Map
Sandy Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
188 S Park St #4 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 227-9833 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in San Francisco will have answers to these questions.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agency active in community causes in San Francisco?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Components of Your Hyundai Azera Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Premiums can change based on your address – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Save mileage and save money – Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated Azera is throwing money out the window.
Younger drivers pay high prices – Drivers with little experience are proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The next chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Males and females get in fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Azera car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How credit score affects auto insurance premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Azera by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Claims statistics for a Hyundai Azera – Companies study historical loss data to help determine prices. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Azera vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Specific Hyundai Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Azera
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Azera in San Francisco, buying car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai Azera, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistence will pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Hyundai Azera insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper San Francisco auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Dodge Grand Caravan in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)