If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that insure vehicles in California.
- Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more ideas to keep prices down and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Continental insurance in San Francisco. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop rates annually are likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to shop and compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
San Francisco Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Lincoln Continental is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most larger companies allow lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Gender impacts premiums – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Francisco
Companies don’t always list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable companies to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, teen driver, mature driver, youthful driver, good student, early shopping, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance may include discounts for Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, renters, online shopper, Switch & Save, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver’s education, multiple policy, and good driver.
Double check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate companies offering car insurance discounts in San Francisco, click here to view.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Lincoln Continental insurance in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Francisco car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation or even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in San Francisco can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood San Francisco agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)