It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who perform rate comparisons will probably switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your objective, then knowing how to find companies and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in San Francisco is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides tips to lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Entourage coverage is available in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you receive it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Buy Hyundai Entourage Insurance at a Discount
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get big savings. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums – Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- High physical damage deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Hyundai. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Optional features impact insurance rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Always keep your policy in force – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Marriage is a factor – Getting married may save some money on insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Lower-cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before being credited.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Francisco car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies will give a small break for signing up on their website.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Student in College – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and federal employee.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, professional/association, good driver, accident-free, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century has savings for teen driver, driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and 55 and older.
- Allstate may offer discounts for premier plus, FullPay discount, utility vehicle, new car, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Francisco. To see companies who offer discounts in California, click this link.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Hyundai Entourage insurance premium rates in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Francisco car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Lower-priced insurance in San Francisco is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in San Francisco, so get free San Francisco car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)