It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in San Francisco. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for Honda CR-Z insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to quote and compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Finding and comparing affordable policy in San Francisco is not as difficult as people think. Although California drivers must learn how big insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in San Francisco is to realize most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information including how much you drive, the year, make and model of vehicles, whether you are married, and if it has an alarm system. Your information is sent automatically to insurance companies and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Honda CR-Z insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in San Francisco.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Discounts for cheap car insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from San Francisco attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Paperless Signup – Some car insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Early Signing – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current CR-Z insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include good student, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, anti-theft, air bags, and federal employee.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts for student away at school, payment discounts, good student, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, and new car.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, drive less, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply in San Francisco.
Getting quotes from local San Francisco car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in San Francisco.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of San Francisco auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local San Francisco insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in San Francisco are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in San Francisco that may be able to give you price quote information.
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are San Francisco exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Traci Hollander
556 Castro St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 575-3775 – View Map
- Ron Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 Montgomery St #480 – San Francisco, CA 94104 – (415) 397-2994 – View Map
- Kiet Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
4198 Mission St – San Francisco, CA 94112 – (415) 587-1880 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in San Francisco?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agent help file claims?
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance Cheaper
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Marriage can save on car insurance – Walking down the aisle may save some money on car insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Car features can affect prices – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better rates – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Insurance loss data for a Honda CR-Z – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in California
Even though San Francisco CR-Z insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in San Francisco is overpaying over $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
You can lower your car insurance rates
Discount Honda CR-Z insurance in San Francisco is possible online in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)