How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in San Francisco? Searching for more affordable San Francisco GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance quotes may be overwhelming for people that are not comfortable with quoting and shopping for insurance online. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, how can you be able to compare all the different companies and get the cheapest rates?
Sad but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. American consumers could save up to $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
Cheapest GMC insurance prices in San Francisco
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance charts and tables
The rate information displayed below outlines a range of insurance coverage prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Having a good understanding how prices are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$372||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,636||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$372||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$372||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,636||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$372||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,636||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$372||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$372||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$372||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,636||$136|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$372||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$372||$792||$530||$32||$158||$1,884||$157|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$412||$792||$424||$26||$126||$1,780||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in your specific San Francisco location which can raise or lower insurance rates substantially.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents impact GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra 3500HD book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- No Claims – San Francisco drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, federal employee, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for early shopping, teen driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, pay in full, and business and professional.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and good student.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in San Francisco.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in San Francisco
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in San Francisco may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to contact multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in San Francisco who may provide free price quotes.
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
- Fillia Fransisca – State Farm Insurance Agent
2315 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 661-3726 – View Map
- Sandy Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
188 S Park St #4 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 227-9833 – View Map
- Alan Chan State Farm Insurance
1820 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 776-2190 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Deciding on a auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in San Francisco?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
You just learned a lot of ways to get a better price on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote San Francisco car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding discount GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in San Francisco
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)