Do you need a fast way to compare more affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in San Francisco? Finding better insurance prices for a Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in California can normally be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes for a Volkswagen and obtain the cheapest rates.
If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Quoting and comparing affordable protection in San Francisco is not that difficult. Comparison shoppers just need to understand how to compare price quotes over the internet.
Which Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is cheapest in San Francisco, CA?
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Protect your Golf SportWagen and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in San Francisco, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Golf SportWagen definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in San Francisco is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Lower-cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Golf SportWagen insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies will give you a small discount shop San Francisco auto insurance on your computer.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates in San Francisco.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote San Francisco auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your policy cost.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To see insurance companies who offer free Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agent
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in San Francisco.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free San Francisco auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. San Francisco agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both sell insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agents in San Francisco that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Sam and Associates Insurance Agency
2225 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-0181 – View Map
- Riskguard Insurance Solutions
422 Presidio Ave – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 447-4212 – View Map
- Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are San Francisco exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Angela Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
756 Sacramento St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 956-4888 – View Map
- State Farm: Michael Woo
2166 Market St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 565-6777 – View Map
- Tiffany Won – State Farm Insurance Agent
1250 Missouri St Unit 305 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 872-5734 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive San Francisco auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in San Francisco is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in San Francisco, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to find lower priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in San Francisco
If you want to save money, the best way to save on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in San Francisco is to regularly compare quotes from companies who sell auto insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)