Unimaginable but true, most drivers in California have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers could save 47% each year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Chrysler 300 insurance in San Francisco is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in California. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler 300 insurance, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chrysler 300, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table displayed below outlines estimates of coverage prices for Chrysler 300 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are formulated can be useful when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|300 Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 Touring AWD 4-Dr||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 S V6 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 Touring Signature 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 Touring Executive 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$464||$424||$26||$126||$1,284||$107|
|300 Touring Signature AWD 4-Dr||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 C 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 S V8 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 Limited AWD 4-Dr||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 C AWD 4-Dr||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|300 SRT-8 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific San Francisco location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can change Chrysler 300 insurance premiums for each different age category. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The information below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders raise Chrysler 300 auto insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler 300 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Chrysler 300 insurance in San Francisco
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Francisco and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total 300 insurance premium.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- San Francisco Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chrysler 300 insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
When quoting, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in San Francisco, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.