Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of car insurance customers in California kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by up to 47% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in San Francisco is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, accidents and poor credit can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Escalade ESV insurance. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Comparing quotes for the most affordable policy in San Francisco is not as hard as you think. If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
Companies offering cheap Cadillac Escalade ESV rates in San Francisco, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Rates and data analysis
The data table below highlights different coverage costs for Cadillac Escalade ESV models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade ESV 2WD||$470||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,806||$151|
|Escalade ESV 4WD||$470||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,806||$151|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 2WD||$470||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,806||$151|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 2WD||$470||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,806||$151|
|Escalade ESV Luxury Edition 4WD||$470||$718||$456||$26||$136||$1,806||$151|
|Escalade ESV Premium Edition 4WD||$510||$812||$456||$26||$136||$1,940||$162|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 2WD||$510||$812||$456||$26||$136||$1,940||$162|
|Escalade ESV Platinum Edition 4WD||$510||$812||$456||$26||$136||$1,940||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac Escalade ESV settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Learn How to Buy Insurance More Affordably
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
Women tend to be lower risk – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade ESV car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Costs may be higher where you live – Living in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commute times. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – Companies in California generally give most affordable rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Driving citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. People who have dangerous violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Cadillac Escalade ESV premium costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Your car’s features help determine insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Never let your policy lapse – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Cadillac Escalade ESV claim data – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more to insure. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD||124|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD||123||106||155|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower premiums on Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance in San Francisco
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in San Francisco can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a San Francisco auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from San Francisco and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your San Francisco auto insurance quote.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below compares Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click here.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local San Francisco insurance agents?
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in San Francisco.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is immediately sent to companies in San Francisco that can give you free San Francisco auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of San Francisco car insurance agents
If you want to use local San Francisco agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in San Francisco can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in San Francisco that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
101 California St #2710 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 870-6999 – View Map
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco willing to provide rate quotes.
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying a policy, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- If my Cadillac Escalade ESV is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is the ISO rating for a Cadillac Escalade ESV?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in San Francisco?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of techniques to lower your Cadillac Escalade ESV insurance premium rates in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More information is located at the links below
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)