Looking for the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco? Trying to find low cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco could be nearly impossible for drivers who are new to online price comparisons. With more and more online companies, it can easily turn into a difficult mission to find more affordable rates in California.
Steps to finding better rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in San Francisco is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that insure vehicles in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives more ideas to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Drivers in California could save almost 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
Do you qualify for discounts on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total 124 Spider insurance premium.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut your policy cost.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in San Francisco, click this link.
Ways to get Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in San Francisco
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from many insurance companies in California. The best method to find the lowest Fiat 124 Spider rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
When comparison shopping, quoting more helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rate level.
- Females tend to be lower risk – Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both get in accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Stay claim-free and reduce premiums – If you file claims often, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in California give most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Insurance is expensive for teenage drivers – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your 124 Spider policy. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Local San Francisco insurance agencies
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is especially important in San Francisco.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in San Francisco who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
San Francisco auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
- Riskguard Insurance Solutions
422 Presidio Ave – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 447-4212 – View Map
- Carrie Insurance
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are San Francisco exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Kate McIntyre – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 9th Ave b – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 661-3650 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
- Traci Hollander – State Farm Insurance Agent
1501 Church St – San Francisco, CA 94131 – (415) 647-3007 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Francisco?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there a local claims center in San Francisco?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though San Francisco 124 Spider insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your 124 Spider with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Fiat at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence will pay off
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best rates are with the least-expected company.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco is attainable from both online companies and with local San Francisco insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Steps to buying lower priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in San Francisco
The preferred way to get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in San Francisco. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Police Officers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)