Would you like to buy more competitive Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Francisco? Trying to find cheap Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Francisco can seem to be very difficult for drivers who are beginners to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a real hassle to find better prices on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance.
A recent study showed that most auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. San Francisco drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Companies offering Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in California
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Ram 3500 coverage statistics
The information below showcases estimates of policy rates for Dodge Ram 3500 models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are figured is important for drivers to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$408||$574||$34||$172||$1,416||$118|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$280||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,542||$129|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$280||$554||$862||$50||$258||$2,004||$167|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$280||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$280||$628||$862||$50||$258||$2,078||$173|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$280||$628||$862||$50||$258||$2,078||$173|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$280||$628||$862||$50||$258||$2,078||$173|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$280||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$280||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,614||$135|
|Ram 3500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$280||$628||$862||$50||$258||$2,078||$173|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific San Francisco garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
Driving violations and accidents
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can affect Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Dodge Ram 3500 liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 3500 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Check for these five price cutting discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 3500 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, multi-policy, military active duty, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, driver training, student driver, and homeowners.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
When getting free San Francisco car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in San Francisco.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local San Francisco insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is especially important in San Francisco.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in San Francisco who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in San Francisco can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Featured below are independent insurance agencies in San Francisco who can help you get price quotes.
- CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
- Jessica Liu Insurance Services
3428 Balboa St – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 386-2283 – View Map
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco that can give you price quotes.
- Cliff Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1636 Irving St a – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 665-5118 – View Map
- Jake Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
1643 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-0333 – View Map
- Tiffany Won – State Farm Insurance Agent
1250 Missouri St Unit 305 – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 872-5734 – View Map
Picking a insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in San Francisco?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does their agency support local causes in San Francisco?
- How long have they been in business?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Once you have received good feedback to these questions and inexpensive Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Francisco quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy at any point so don’t think that you’re stuck with a specific agent with no way out.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage to your Ram 3500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Ram 3500 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for hospital visits, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, falling objects and a broken windshield. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Be persistent to save money
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Francisco is definitely available on the web and with local San Francisco insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
How to save on Dodge Ram 3500 insurance in San Francisco
Truthfully, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in San Francisco. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Other learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)