Shopping for the lowest cost San Francisco Mercury Montego insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat difficult for beginners to price shopping on the web. With so many options of online companies, how are consumers able to efficiently compare every company in order to find the best available price?
Steps to finding better rates for Mercury Montego insurance in San Francisco
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in San Francisco.
- Read about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers in California have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Many consumers in America could pocket approximately $860 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in San Francisco doesn’t take a lot of time because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on many factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in San Francisco makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies offer quotes in San Francisco, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable San Francisco insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited.
- Good Student – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a safe driver course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Resident Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Francisco and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, five-year accident-free, federal employee, good student, defensive driver, seat belt use, and driver training.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safe driver, anti-theft, safe driver, and drive less.
If you are trying to find low cost San Francisco auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in San Francisco. To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in California, click here.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood San Francisco car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in San Francisco who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What insurance companies do they work with in San Francisco?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Should I rate my Mercury Montego as pleasure use or commute?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Better insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
- When should you file a policy claims? – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in California provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Get hitched and get better rates – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Montego is throwing money out the window.
- More performance means higher prices – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Driver age impacts premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience are proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Mercury Montego insurance premium rates in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Affordable Mercury Montego insurance in San Francisco can be bought online and with local San Francisco insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to quoting cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in San Francisco
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in San Francisco. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and to quote with all possible companies. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Police Officers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)