Do you want to learn to get more competitive Jaguar XF insurance in San Francisco? Finding low-cost insurance for a Jaguar XF in California can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Jaguar and obtain the lowest price from San Francisco insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices periodically because insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Jaguar XF insurance in San Francisco a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about XF insurance online but you can learn some great ideas on how to lower your auto insurance bill.
Companies offering affordable Jaguar XF rates in San Francisco, CA
The providers in the list below offer quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance data for a Jaguar XF
The data table displayed next covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Jaguar XF models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are established can aid in making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XF Luxury 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,954||$163|
|XF Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$370||$804||$574||$34||$172||$1,954||$163|
|XF Supercharged 4-Dr Sedan||$404||$898||$574||$34||$172||$2,082||$174|
|XF R 4-Dr Sedan||$438||$992||$574||$34||$172||$2,210||$184|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can revise insurance rates greatly.
The Jaguar XF Insurance Price Equation
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
How many coverages with the same company – Some insurance companies will award discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Credit rating impact car insurance prices – Credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Jaguar XF by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Your employer may affect prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and financial analysts have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as professors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Gender and car insurance costs – Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The information below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XF insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to people who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
Loss statistics for a Jaguar XF – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Jaguar XF vehicles. For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 2WD||169||101||191||98|
|Jaguar XF 4dr 4WD||206||83||152|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Slash rates with these discounts
Some insurers do not advertise every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive lower premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XF car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, switch companies, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, air bags, anti-theft, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, mySafetyValet, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, easy pay, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
When quoting, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here.
When to have guidance from an agent
A lot of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in San Francisco.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a good San Francisco insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in San Francisco can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand why they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to contact a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Francisco that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map
- Blum-Blackfield Insurance Agency
2 Twin Peaks Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 665-1440 – View Map
- Carrie Insurance
2126 Sutter St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 567-7660 – View Map
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quotes.
- Cliff Young – State Farm Insurance Agent
1636 Irving St a – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 665-5118 – View Map
- Ron Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 Montgomery St #480 – San Francisco, CA 94104 – (415) 397-2994 – View Map
- State Farm: Debra O’Farrell
870 Market St #440 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 982-9900 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is there a local claims center in San Francisco?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your Jaguar XF insurance car insurance rates in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jaguar XF rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Affordable Jaguar XF insurance in San Francisco is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for low cost San Francisco car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find cheaper Jaguar XF insurance in San Francisco
The best way to save on car insurance rates in San Francisco is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional information is available below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)