To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Honda Element insurance in San Francisco is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in California.
- First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more information to find cheap rates and find missing discounts.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Element coverage is available in San Francisco. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared rates from other companies. San Francisco insurance shoppers could pocket 35% a year, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Locating affordable auto insurance policy in San Francisco is not as difficult as people think. Basically, every car owner who wants cheaper auto insurance will be able to find better rates. But California consumers must understand how insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Companies offering low-cost Honda Element price quotes in San Francisco, CA
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Facts and figures for Honda Element insurance
The rate table shown next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Honda Element models. Being more informed about how auto insurance policy rates are determined is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Element LX 4WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Element EX 2WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Element EX 4WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Element SC 2WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific San Francisco garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Honda Element insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Element car insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below compares Honda Element auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Element book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Honda Element Insurance
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates.
Your job may affect prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like judges, social workers, and medical professionals generally pay higher premium rates in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
What are good liability limits? – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one chargeable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The information below illustrates how violations and fender-benders drive up Honda Element auto insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Driver age impacts costs – Youthful drivers in California have a tendency to be inattentive when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Honda Element insurance in San Francisco
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Francisco car insurance but check with your company.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current Element insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Honda Element annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere. To see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Car insurance quotes from local San Francisco insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agents is definitely important in San Francisco.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in San Francisco who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
What type of San Francisco auto insurance agent is right for you?
When finding an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent agents in San Francisco that can possibly get you free price quotes.
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
In the end, you can save money
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Honda Element insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive San Francisco car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)