How long has it been since the last time you looked for cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Francisco? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Honda Accord Hybrid in California could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a Honda and find the lowest price.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Buying more affordable insurance coverage in San Francisco can be fairly easy. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates online from multiple companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in San Francisco, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your Honda and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in California is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Save a ton on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Francisco with these ten auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Onboard Data Collection – San Francisco drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in San Francisco can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that have most of the discounts above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in San Francisco. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Honda Accord Hybrid insurance quotes in San Francisco, click here to view.
Comparing prices from local San Francisco car insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can give you free San Francisco car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in San Francisco
If you want to buy insurance from a local San Francisco insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Linda Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1536 20th St – San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 648-1155 – View Map
- Adrienne Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
425 Market St #2252 – San Francisco, CA 94105 – (415) 292-8088 – View Map
- Jing Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 Geary Blvd #300 – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 752-8888 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent agents in San Francisco that are able to give price quotes.
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Al Zeidler Insurance Agency
1714 Stockton St #417 – San Francisco, CA 94133 – (415) 753-1936 – View Map
View more San Francisco agents
Car insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage pays for damage to your Accord Hybrid from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Accord Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as emergency aid, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda Accord Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Francisco. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper San Francisco car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.
When getting San Francisco car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Discount Honda Accord Hybrid insurance can be found on the web in addition to many San Francisco insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
How to save on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in San Francisco
The easiest way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in San Francisco. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates like speeding and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)