It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around will most likely switch companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in San Francisco is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for tips to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Low Cost companies for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower insurance prices.
- Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- File insurance claims and pay more – Insurance companies in California generally give discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of companies will award discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to increase your insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Location can affect price – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
These discounts can reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- San Francisco Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- College Student – Kids living away from San Francisco attending college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Shelby GT350 may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will help lower your policy premiums.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, good student, good driver, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA has savings for good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, good student, ease of repair, location of vehicle, annual mileage, good driver, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, alternative fuel, pay in full, homeowner, business and professional, youthful driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you may find better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in San Francisco that can provide free San Francisco car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. San Francisco agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Traci Hollander
556 Castro St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 575-3775 – View Map
- Joshin Bruguera – State Farm Insurance Agent
399 Cortland Ave – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 821-3600 – View Map
- Jing Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 Geary Blvd #300 – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 752-8888 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in San Francisco who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Anita Daisy Lo Agency
6037 Geary Blvd – San Francisco, CA 94121 – (415) 592-8388 – View Map
- Basic West Insurance Agency
1641 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 665-7400 – View Map
- Wang Insurance
2620 Judah St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 731-7062 – View Map
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What are the best liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We’ve covered a lot of information how to lower your Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable San Francisco car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
When you buy San Francisco car insurance online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Cost effective Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is definitely available online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional auto insurance information is located at the links below
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)