Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Acura TSX insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in San Francisco. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and bad credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in San Francisco is really quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Vehicle owners just have to know the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
Companies offering low-cost Acura TSX prices in San Francisco, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table shown below covers different insurance coverage prices for Acura TSX models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$370||$792||$394||$24||$118||$1,698||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise insurance rates noticeably.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Acura TSX annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on San Francisco auto insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence Acura TSX insurance premiums for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Acura TSX insurance premiums by gender in San Francisco
The example below compares Acura TSX insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Acura TSX insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TSX replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
What Affects Acura TSX Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
- Drive less and save – Driving more miles annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy shows the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated TSX is just wasting money.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in California give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- A policy lapse is a bad thing – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Raise your deductibles for better rates – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a building, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder auto theft.
- Better prices on safer cars – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Acura TSX earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some providers don’t list every policy discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- San Francisco Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in San Francisco may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Acura TSX insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for business or organization, easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, air bags, daytime running lights, and military active duty.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and AAA membership discount.
Double check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local San Francisco insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company have a local claim office in San Francisco?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
If you want local San Francisco agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agencies in San Francisco are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are San Francisco exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Jake Ng – State Farm Insurance Agent
1643 Noriega St – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-0333 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Myrna De Vera
2121 19th Ave Ste 102 – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 566-9400 – View Map
- Traci Hollander – State Farm Insurance Agent
1501 Church St – San Francisco, CA 94131 – (415) 647-3007 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in San Francisco willing to provide price quote information.
- Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
- United General Insurance Agency
3150 California St Ste 4A – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 922-7283 – View Map
- Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Acura TSX is totaled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Acura TSX insurance is definitely available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Acura TSX insurance in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Income Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- How Much is San Francisco Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)