How many times have you put off comparing quotes for more affordable Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco? Comparing San Francisco auto insurance quotes online might seem complicated at first if you haven’t ever used price quotes online. But don’t be intimidated because it’s actually quite easy to find cheaper Chevy HHR in San Francisco.
How to find more affordable Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco
Really, the only way to find more affordable Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for ideas to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on HHR insurance in San Francisco. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important note is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who rate shop once a year are likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Chevy HHR insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Consumers should take time to compare rates quite often because car insurance prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on car insurance.
Best companies for cheap Chevy HHR insurance in California
The following companies offer comparison quotes in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The data table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chevy HHR models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are figured can be of help when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in San Francisco which can alter coverage prices considerably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy HHR insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy HHR book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current HHR insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on HHR insurance in San Francisco.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below compares Chevy HHR car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
If you need inexpensive San Francisco auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in San Francisco. To choose providers with the best discounts in San Francisco, click here.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates. Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Don’t abuse policy claims – Car insurance companies in California give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Always keep your auto insurance policy in force – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Cheaper rates by bundling – Some auto insurance companies afford better rates to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Only having one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Chevy HHR insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Is your vehicle built for speed? – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below is based on a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet HHR rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
Expect high rates for teens – Teenage drivers in California are known to be easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver to your auto insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Cheaper to insure females? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. They both cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy HHR insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood San Francisco car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in San Francisco.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free San Francisco auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When looking for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you include a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are San Francisco independent agents that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- John A. Morton Insurance Agency
3372 22nd St – San Francisco, CA 94110 – (415) 282-5888 – View Map
- Steven Cresci Insurance Agency
544 Golden Gate Ave – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 212-8190 – View Map
- Milber Health Insurance Agent
1492 11th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 564-8829 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Traci Hollander
556 Castro St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 575-3775 – View Map
- Alan Chan State Farm Insurance
1820 Van Ness Ave – San Francisco, CA 94109 – (415) 776-2190 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dawn Prince
655 14th St – San Francisco, CA 94114 – (415) 552-6200 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in San Francisco should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in San Francisco?
One last thing to lower rates
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop San Francisco auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Chevy HHR insurance in San Francisco
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in San Francisco is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in California.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
To read more, link through to the articles below: