Do you want to save money by finding low-cost Chevy Camaro insurance in San Francisco? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Chevy Camaro in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and get the cheapest rates either online or from San Francisco insurance agents.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of prices for Chevy Camaro models. Learning how insurance prices are established can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Camaro replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Protect more than your Chevy Camaro
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Camaro with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How You Can Control Chevy Camaro Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Higher rates for demanding vocations – Careers like fire fighters, social workers, and medical professionals are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least.
Don’t get traffic citations – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can affect Chevy Camaro auto insurance costs for different age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Incidental coverages push up prices – Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Safer vehicles means better auto insurance rates – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
Do you know you’re credit score? – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Camaro if you clean up your credit. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings.
Costs and your address – Having an address in less populated areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
Chevy Camaro insurance loss probability – Companies use statistical claims data to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Camaro vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Camaro 2dr||139||118||123||123||130||127|
|Chevrolet Camaro Convertible||92||85||107||85||95||103|
|Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr||222||80||174|
|Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible||111||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on San Francisco insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in San Francisco could trigger savings on your next insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on San Francisco auto insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy Camaro auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To locate insurers that offer multiple discounts in California, click here to view.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Should I get advice from an agent?
Some people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in San Francisco.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Francisco who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents in San Francisco are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are San Francisco independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Robert E. Kennedy Insurance Agency
Flood Building, 870 Market St #740 – San Francisco, CA 94102 – (415) 951-0738 – View Map
- Barulich Insurance Agency
San Francisco Pier 33 – Alcatraz Island #203 – San Francisco, CA 94111 – (415) 616-5911 – View Map
- April Insurance Agency
1788 19th Ave – San Francisco, CA 94122 – (415) 242-8100 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in San Francisco willing to provide price quotes.
- Ron Burks – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 Montgomery St #480 – San Francisco, CA 94104 – (415) 397-2994 – View Map
- Joe Freund – State Farm Insurance Agent
1734 Divisadero St – San Francisco, CA 94115 – (415) 359-9311 – View Map
- Jing Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 Geary Blvd #300 – San Francisco, CA 94118 – (415) 752-8888 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How long have they been in business?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
More effort can pay off
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even unfair underwriting practices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
The cheapest Chevy Camaro insurance in San Francisco is definitely available online and with local San Francisco insurance agents, so get free San Francisco auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Camaro insurance prices in San Francisco. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
How to quote cheaper Chevy Camaro insurance in San Francisco
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Camaro insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in San Francisco. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like careless driving and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Nurses in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable San Francisco Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)