Expensive car insurance in San Francisco can overdraw your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably move their business because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on Mazda CX-7 insurance is your target objective, knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to buying lower priced Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Francisco
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on Mazda CX-7 insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in San Francisco.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to help prevent expensive coverage and find missing discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Since drivers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to choose the lowest price insurer.
Where can I get the cheapest San Francisco Mazda CX-7 insurance?
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Check for these discounts on Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Francisco
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current CX-7 insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a San Francisco auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount should help reduce the premium cost.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Mazda CX-7 car insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in San Francisco, follow this link.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information displayed below outlines different prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Learning more about how policy premiums are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$264||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,520||$127|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$264||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,598||$133|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$294||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,628||$136|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$294||$524||$596||$36||$178||$1,628||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Mazda CX-7 Insurance Premiums?
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Accidents inflate costs – How you drive influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Mazda CX-7 annual premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually for economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
- Credit rating impacts costs – Credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda CX-7 by improving your credit score.
- Your location is a factor – Residing in a small town is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Many insurers provide discounts to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other San Francisco CX-7 insurance rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Men pay higher prices – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Local San Francisco car insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in San Francisco who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If they are an independent agency in San Francisco, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. San Francisco agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in San Francisco who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Francisco that are able to give rate quotes.
CAL Insurance and Associates
2311 Taraval St – San Francisco, CA 94116 – (415) 661-6500 – View Map
Primeras Insurance Agency
3339 23rd St – San Francisco, CA 94108 – (415) 829-7312 – View Map
Persistence pays off
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Mazda CX-7 insurance auto insurance rates online in San Francisco. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mazda CX-7 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Francisco can be purchased online and from local agencies, so get free San Francisco auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to buying low-cost Mazda CX-7 insurance in San Francisco
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in San Francisco. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper CX-7 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. Make sure you place your new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap San Francisco Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in San Francisco? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)